University of Alberta

Assistant/Associate Professor - Pediatric Cardiology

Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry - Department of Pediatrics and Alberta Health Services

Competition No.  -    A100828744
Closing Date  -    Will remain open until filled.

The University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, in partnership with Alberta Health Services (AHS) invites applicants to apply for a contingent tenure-track position of Assistant/Associate Professor within the Division of Pediatric Cardiology (Section of Cardiac Catheterization) in the Department of Pediatrics.

The successful applicant will join twelve academic pediatric cardiologists providing a full spectrum of clinical cardiology services. In addition to clinical care, the Division is active in teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and has a fully accredited Pediatric Cardiology subspecialty-training program through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. We have an active basic and clinical science program, collaborating locally, nationally and internationally.

This position will be comprised of approximately 60% clinical service with an emphasis on cardiac catheterization. Additional general cardiology duties will be required. The remaining 40% of time will be directed to academic pursuits, including teaching and research. Research can be in any area within Pediatric Cardiology. Contributions to education at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels are expected from all faculty.

Interested applicants must hold an MD and must have completed a subspecialty residency in Pediatric Cardiology, with advanced training in Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization, and be certified or eligible to become a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Pediatrics). See the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for more information on various routes of credentialing (http://www.royalcollege.ca/portal/page/portal/rc/credentials/start/routes).

The University of Alberta Medical School is one of the top 50 teaching and research universities in the world. The University of Alberta is home to 39,000 students and 15,000 faculty and staff. Founded a century ago, the University has an annual budget of $1.8 billion and attracts more than $480 million in sponsored research revenue.

Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be based on the income scale of a competitive and highly successful academic alternate funding plan.

Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae and a letter of application to:

Dr. Paul Kantor
Divisional Director
Pediatric Cardiology
Room 4C2.22, 8440 112 St.
Stollery Children’s Hospital
Edmonton, AB T6G 1C9

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

The University of Alberta and Alberta Health Services hire on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.

In order to comply with Federal laws, the University is required to gather statistical information on how many applicants for each job vacancy are Canadian citizens/permanent residents of Canada. When submitting your application, please indicate in your cover letter or resume your status by answering the following question: Are you a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? Applications without this information will be deemed incomplete.  Please note that if you are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada, you are not required to indicate your citizenship.

How to Apply

Apply Online

Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.