This is a temporary Maternity Leave position with a December 8, 2017 (possibility of extension) end date .
Reporting to the Director of the Radiation Therapy Degree program, the Radiation Therapist Faculty Educator fosters a high-quality environment of teaching and learning, research, and intellectual achievement. She/he will facilitate a holistic academic and clinical experience for learners. She/he is an educator and a learner with significant knowledge and skills in radiation therapy practice who contributes to an inter-professional and collaborative learning environment.
The Radiation Therapist Faculty Educator job description is 80% teaching, 10% research and 10% service/administration.
- Develops and implements learner-centered learning activities and assessment strategies for courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Designs and delivers courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Collaborates with all Faculty Educators in the development of academic and clinical course curricula
- Coordinates clinical placement rosters and facilitates clinical learning activities for the undergraduate and graduate level
- Provides mentorship and program advising to learners at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Create an intellectual environment that teaches critical thinking and inquiry-based learning
- Evaluate learners’ performance at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Provides individual support and facilitate opportunities for learners to correlate theoretical knowledge; develop clinical skills and clinical reasoning and to attain competency
- Maintains a research portfolio in own area of interest
- Assists in the coordination of research activities in the undergraduate and graduate environment
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate learners in their research activities
- Maintains competence and actively engage in activities that promote professional growth
- Provides specialized and discipline-specific knowledge and acts as a resource for internal and external stakeholders
- Baccalaureate degree in health related field required; Masters degree or PhD in a related field an asset
- Current ACMDTT and CAMRT full-practice member registration (registration with ACMDTT and CAMRT must be maintained annually)
- Minimum five years of clinical Radiation Therapy practice experience
- Experience in teaching and facilitating learning for undergraduate and graduate learners
- Knowledge and experience in assessing learners against the ACMDTT and CAMRT competency profiles
- Outstanding collaborative and inter-professional team leading skills
- Experience in working as a team on research for teaching and learning
- Graduate of a Canadian accredited education program in Radiation Therapy or equivalent
- Experience in all Radiation Therapy practice domains an asset
- Maintenance of CPR Healthcare provider certification and N-95 fit testing
Salary will be commensurate with experience in accordance with the Contract Academic Staff: Teaching agreement (CAST), a market supplement may be available for this position.